Better names in tab context menus

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

CyGho

Better names in tab context menus

Post by CyGho »

Hi,
In the context menu for joined tabs I see Remove account> account list. I was playing with joining tabs and confused if that would remove the selected account totaly. Well it wasn't :). I think it should be less confusing to rename that to Split Account > account list.

IF you change this then maybe also renaming Split tab to Split all Accounts to make it more clear.

Thx in advance
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

I admit Remove account is a bit confusing but Split account doesn't satisfy me either, because the command does not split the selected account, instead it removes the account from the tab and generates a new tab associated with the removed account.

Maybe Split-off account in the meaning of the German "Konto abspalten" is more suitable. But according to Leo.org, "abspalten" translates to"chip", "demerge" or "separate"?! Maybe someone with native English tongue can give my a hint...
Christian Hübner
CyGho

Post by CyGho »

Ok, makes sense to me. I'm dutch but gonna give it a shot :) I looked up the dutch word delen. In english it says share, divide, separate. In german it will be verteilen, gliedern, einteilen, teilen, dividieren or zerlegen according to http://www.vertaalwoord.nl/translate.cg ... oord=delen.
So separate could be a nice one maybe :?:
Separate All instead of the current Split tab sounds also good.
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !
Darkbee

Post by Darkbee »

I think that:

separate account ->

and

separate all

are good choices. Maybe, "All" should appear under the Separate Account sub menu.

Otherwise you could use "release account"? Or perhaps something completely different like "New Tab From"?

I don't think that share, divide or chip quite capture the essence, in English, of what the function is used for. Maybe "demerge" but it's not a very common English word (might work if you have "merge with tab" instead of "join with tab")

I'll think on it some more, I might have a moment of pure genius :idea: :lol: