IMAP retreiving the same messages

General discussion about PopMan.

Moderator: Christian

tengvilla

IMAP retreiving the same messages

Post by tengvilla »

Hi Christian,

I just noticed for the past few days now that my IMAP Compuserve account keeps retrieving the same deleted messages as new messages when I exit and enable PopMan. Sometimes the deleted new messages will show up and sometimes it doesn't. My Tools-->Option-->Autocheck-->Time Interval = 5 minutes on this account. BTW, I got not problems with my POP3 accounts.

:?
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

This is a follow-up message:

When deleted messages showed up as new messages in Popman's main window, the deleted messages doesn't register in PopManLogFile.log only the current new retrieved messages.

:roll:
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Follow-up message again:

Retrieve deleted messages in PopManLogFile.log was reset to current date as new messages. Like I said before, deleted messages keeps showing up and sometimes it don't [in autocheck options] as i observed today and no wonder why my log file gets getting bigger and bigger.

:oops:
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Follow-up:

Keep changing IMAP plug-in "True" to "False" and vice versa still no go. Re-install Version 1.3 Beta 17 still having the same problems.

Note that deleted messages were retrieve again and again and reset to current date as new messages listed in my WhiteList.dat only. Deleted messages not in the WhiteList.dat list were not retrieve and it's okay. My rules.txt, " Subject is empty OR Subject not is empty -> Delete"
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Can you please post the IMAP parameters used in PopMan for this account? You can get it with the small button near the protocol drop down box.

You can also play with these parameters, e.g. set UseSearchCmd to false (which is slow, but maybe the deleted messages will not show up anymore) or change the Criteria value. You should also make sure that the Expunge value is true.

Does your IMAP account behave similar in your regular email client? Do messages that were deleted with PopMan show up in the client and vice versa?
Christian Hübner
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Below is the parameters of my IMAP:

Mailbox = "INBOX";§r§nUseSearchCmd = "true";§r§nCriteria = "UNSEEN UNDELETED";§r§nIgnoreMailboxNotExisting = "false";§r§nTLS = "true";§r§nExpunge = "true"

Mailbox = "INBOX";§r§nUseSearchCmd = "false"; (note that change from true to false and I did this several times before you replied). Still the same problems.

The bad news is Mozilla's Thunderbird is also retrieving deleted messages from CompuServe when I retrieve the messages just today.

CompuServe has it's own e-mail client and there's no problems when messages are deleted. I'll get back to you again cause I deleted all the old messages from the CompuServe using CompuServe's own e-mail client.
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Updates as of Thursday, April 24 US Pacific Standard time:

Both Popman and Mozeilla's Thunderbird retrieving deleted messages. What I did today was to logged into CompuServe and deleted the messages. Log in Popman and at the same time log in Thunderbird and both retrieved deleted messages.

I guess it's CompuServe part of the problems or I don't know who's to blame. No big deal but a little inconvenience and hope it's only a glitch.
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Updates as of May 7:

This IMAP plug-in configurations seems to be working now and I did this one before and still puzzled.

Mailbox = "INBOX";
UseSearchCmd = "false";
Criteria = "UNSEEN UNDELETED";
IgnoreMailboxNotExisting = "false";
TLS = "true";
Expunge = "true"

The bad news is Mozilla's Thunderbird still retrieving deleted messages.
:oops:
tengvilla

Re: IMAP retreiving the same messages

Post by tengvilla »

Try this IMAP plug-in configurations:

Mailbox = "INBOX";
UseSearchCmd = "true";
Criteria = "UNSEEN UNDELETED";
IgnoreMailboxNotExisting = "true";
TLS = "true";
Expunge = "true"