A few requests

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

dea

A few requests

Post by dea »

I have a few feature requests:

1. A menu option to show the log file. Ideally, it should allow designating a program to view the log so that we can use a log viewer that shows the end of the file. Right now I am using a separate shortcut to do this but it would be nice to have it from within the program.

2. Ability to edit the tab font (on my system those fonts are much smaller than the menu).

3. Enable right click menu when viewing an email source. Sometimes I view the headers and copy an IP address to check it. Ctrl-c works but right click would be nicer.

4. Ability to set autocheck to zero. I usually prefer to do a manual check so that I do not get interrupted. I know autocheck can be disabled but then one gets the "ugly" disabled icon on the tray. Maybe normal icon can be shown if autocheck is set to zero in the options?

5. A check is performed every time the PopMan window is opened. So, if I click on the icon to check and there are some emails, I then open the window to see them and at that point another check is performed even though it is not needed. So, maybe disable the check on opening the window?

6. Option to only delete messages from trash tab with F12 and not with every check. Sometimes there are a lot of emails that I need to clean up but I would like to double check before deleting them. If I pause and there is another check, they would get deleted.

None of the above are "essential" and I'm not sure if other users would find them helpful but I thought I'd post them. Thank you for a great program! I hve used 3 other email checkers over the years and PopMan is so much better!
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

A check is performed every time the PopMan window is opened. So, if I click on the icon to check and there are some emails, I then open the window to see them and at that point another check is performed even though it is not needed.
There is no auto-check when opening the PopMan main window. Maybe your "mouse actions" are not set up correctly (Tools > Options > Mouse Actions). You can specify what should happen when you click, doubleclick ... on the tray icon.
Option to only delete messages from trash tab with F12 and not with every check. Sometimes there are a lot of emails that I need to clean up but I would like to double check before deleting them. If I pause and there is another check, they would get deleted.
Very strange, actually there is no way to automatically delete trashed mails on next check. You always have to delete explicitly. Does this happen with all of your accounts?
Christian Hübner
dea

Post by dea »

Thank you for your reply!
Christian wrote: There is no auto-check when opening the PopMan main window. Maybe your "mouse actions" are not set up correctly (Tools > Options > Mouse Actions). You can specify what should happen when you click, doubleclick ... on the tray icon.
My mouse actions are:

Left: Check Mail
Right: Popup menu
Middle: Show window
Double: Show window
Double click delay is not checked.

When I double click on the icon, the window shows and a check is performed.
Very strange, actually there is no way to automatically delete trashed mails on next check. You always have to delete explicitly. Does this happen with all of your accounts?
You are right...I tried it again and it works just like you say... I dont know what hapened before...I must have used F12 by mistake. Sorry about that...
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

My mouse actions are:

Left: Check Mail
Right: Popup menu
Middle: Show window
Double: Show window
Double click delay is not checked.

When I double click on the icon, the window shows and a check is performed.
You have to check the "double click delay" option, otherwise the first click of a double-click is interpreted as a single click (which starts the mail check) and the second click shows the window. Disabling the "double click delay" option only makes sense if you don't use the double click acion, and want to have immediate feedback for the left (single) click action.
Christian Hübner
dea

Post by dea »

Christian wrote: You have to check the "double click delay" option, otherwise the first click of a double-click is interpreted as a single click (which starts the mail check) and the second click shows the window. Disabling the "double click delay" option only makes sense if you don't use the double click acion, and want to have immediate feedback for the left (single) click action.
Yes, if I check the "double click delay" option and I double click, the window is shown without triggering a check. However, with that option checked there is a problem (at least on my system). The icon does not respond with a regular single click (not even a delayed response). The only way it responds to a single click is if I do it very slowly, holding the left button down for about a second. If I do it quickly, it doesn't do anything.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

What Windows version do you use? Vista?
Christian Hübner
dea

Post by dea »

I'm using XP pro sp2
niktih

Post by niktih »

Add pls. in to the program Russian cod Cyrillic (koi8-r,koi8-u, windows-1251 and Unicod (UTF-8)).
Is it possible to provide viewing HTML completely?
Thanks.
Good Luck!
niktih

Post by niktih »

I'm waiting the answer else.
Good Luck!
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

I'm working on adding more codepages support to PopMan, including Eastern Europe and Russion codepgages. Note that UTF-8 is already supported, that means unicode characters are mapped to the current Windows codepage, since PopMan does not provide full Unicode support. That means you can only display cyrillic characters, if your Windows codepage contains cyrillic characters, i.e. Windows-1251.

There is currently no plan to support full HTML display in the message preview.
Christian Hübner