Maximized window on entering

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

konrado

Post by konrado »

I use PopMan 1.3 beta and is very satisfied. Thanks for a good program!
However I would like to automatically get a maximized window when starting so I can view a larger part of the text in the messages. Now I have to maximize manually each time. Also, in this maximized window, I would like to be able to set permanently a wider room for the date. Now, only half of the date is visible unless I manually draw the border to the right. Best regards. /Ove
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Try this one;

Right-click the PopMan icon -> Properties -> Shortcut -> Run (dropped down menu and select) Maximized or Normal window
konrado

Post by konrado »

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the only icon I have is at the lower right corner near the clock and there is no shortcut choice there. I tried to add /maximize to the name of the file but that would mean a change of the file name.- I guess I have to change somthing in the ini-file, but what? - It would be nice to be able save the settings after having changed sizes and other things in the windows that comes up on clicking on the tray icon with a figure telling how many messages I have waiting on the server.
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

The Popman icon in your Startup is the Popman options Popman -> Tools -> Options -> (yours was enabled) Check mail for new mail in startup.

You don't have to change anything. I would suggest is to re-download Popman 1.3 Beta 13. Uninstall your Popman and re-install the Popman 1.3 Beta 13.

After re-installing, go to your Popman -> Tools -> Options and enable which ever you like.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Usually, PopMan automatically saves all the window settings, including size, maximzed state and column widths. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Please post the content of the [MainWindow] section of the PopMan.ini file. Mine looks like this:

Code: Select all

[MainWindow]
Top=54
PaneSize=555
PreviewLayout=0
Points=8
Width=1201
Maximized=1
ForeColor=4278190080
XHide=1
Bold=0
Height=996
Left=31
MinHide=0
StatusBar=1
Preview=1
FaceName=Tahoma
Italic=0
ToolBar=1
Note, the Maximized entry, that tells the PopMan window to startup in maximzed state, if set to 1.

If you do not have a PopMan.ini file in the PopMan folder, than you first have to create an empty file "PopMan.ini" and restart PopMan.
Christian Hübner