Avoid system tray icon

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

kim

Avoid system tray icon

Post by kim »

nice programme thanks very much for your work
is there a way to permanently stop the programme in the system tray, ie i just want to run it from a desk top icon.
i can see a way to close it when its in the system tray, but is there an option to stop it loading there in the first place?
thanks
kim
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

No, there is no such option but you can change the way PopMan reacts when closing the main window: In the menu choose Tools > Options and uncheck the option "X button hides to tray" on the "General" tab. If you close the main window, PopMan quits instead of hiding to the system tray...
Christian Hübner

Post by Guest »

Christian wrote:No, there is no such option but you can change the way PopMan reacts when closing the main window: In the menu choose Tools > Options and uncheck the option "X button hides to tray" on the "General" tab. If you close the main window, PopMan quits instead of hiding to the system tray...

There's a problem: if un uncheck this option and close PopMan, the
next time you launche the program the option is checked again !! :(
Anyway, thank you very much for your work, your program is
very useful for me.
Bye !!
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

the next time you launche the program the option is checked again
I can't reproduce this behaviour! If I uncheck the option, it is still unchecked on the next PopMan startup...
Christian Hübner
AironeBlu

Post by AironeBlu »

Yes, you are right. Now it works even for me, I don't encounter that problem anymore :shock: Besides, I don't know why :shock:
Perhaps, the reason is that I deleted the old log file ....
Bye !!