Rules for specific accounts

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

Jeroen

Rules for specific accounts

Post by Jeroen »

The rules option is great, but I'm missing an important one. Right now, it seems impossible to create rules for a specific account. For example: I've got some accounts, and one of them is a postmaster account, where I receive a lot of spam. I could set up a rule like:

To not contains "postmaster@123.com" -> MarkForDelete

But in this case ALL mail, also for all other accounts, is deleted if it's not addressed to the postmaster account.

Since the name of the account is "postmaster", I suggest the following addition for the rule set:

Account "postmaster" and To not contains "postmaster@123.com" -> MarkForDelete

This way it would be possible to create individual rules for each account. Of course, if the "Account" code is not in the rule, the rule should be used on ALL accounts.
Tezzer

Message Rules

Post by Tezzer »

I receive quite a few e-mails with Empty From and Subject lines in the header.
Is there any way of adding to the PopMan Message Rules something like :-
Empty From Line -> MarkForDelete
Empty Subject Line -> MarkForDelete
Or even a direct -> Delete from the server as in the PopMan Blacklist setup.
Has anybody got any suggestions on this subject.

Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

@Jeroen

You are right: account specific rules can be helpful, but maybe we use another grammar like this:

[Account="postmaster"]
To not contains "postmaster@123.com" -> MarkForDelete

This way it is more obvious that Account is not meant to be a header and we are more flexible when it comes to add more rule features/modifieres.

@Tezzer

In Beta 12 it is not possible to test for empty strings. We could extend the grammar like this:

Subject is empty -> MarkForDelete

But of course you can delete mails immediatelly from the server with "Delete" instead of "MarkForDelete".

Btw, an ugly work-around for the missing empty string test is something like this:

Subject contains none of {"a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z", "-", "_", ":", "!", "?", "."} -> MarkForDelete
Christian Hübner
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

your rule for blank subject emails works!!! you are very clever
Tezzer

Message Rules

Post by Tezzer »

Thanks Christian,

Works good with the Subject line as you suggested.

Tezzer :D