Already Connected

You've found a bug in PopMan? Tell me about it!

Moderator: Christian

Already Connected

Post by Guest »

Hey,

First of all thank you for your wonderful program ;)

Here's a little bug that I've found:

A friend sent me an email that had an attachment larger than the retreival size, but in the meantime my email client was running as well, and retreived that message (PopMan showed it too), then when I tried to open the attachment from PopMan, there was a message that the message is no longer on the server (which is correct) and then when I tried to make an update, it kept saying "Already Connected". When I closed PopMan and started it again, everything was fine.

Already Connected

Post by Guest »

I forgot to mention that I'm using PopMan 1.3 Beta 9
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this. Did you use a standard POP3 account or POP3 SSL or IMAP ?
Christian Hübner

Already Connected

Post by Guest »

I'm using POP3 SSL, I can reproduce it easily, I do it like that:
1. I run my mail client and send a message from one of my accounts to the other, and I attach a .jpg file ~400kb.
2. I press the middle button on PopMan so that it checks my accounts, it shows me there's one new message.
3. From email client I check the email as well, and it downloads the incoming email and deletes it from the server.
4. Now in PopMan I open the message and try to open the attachment by double-clicking on it, it gives me an error (rightfully, as the message doesn't exist anymore) and it advises me to press Ctrl-F5 to check email again.
5. I press Ctrl-F5 (or Update), and it gives me this error in the status bar:
"gmx: Connection failure ("Already connected."); ErrCode: 1401.

I hope this helps :)
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Ok, I've reproduced the bug. I will include the fix with the next 1.3 Beta...
Christian Hübner

Already Connected

Post by Guest »

Thank you! ;)