Some new efficiency features...

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

ALoubert

Some new efficiency features...

Post by ALoubert »

- It could be useful to have a choice to mark a (or several) mail as unread.

- I have defined a lot of accounts. But as all tabs are displayed on the same line. Very un-ergonomic when you have to switch from one on the beginning to one from the end !
Possibly displaying the tabs on several rows could be more efficient ?

- In the same kind of ideas... Having something (a dropdown combo for example) in the toolbar instead of (or better, in addition to) just the tabs could also help navigating in the accounts.

- When updating a specific account (using the dropdown toolbar "update" button), it could be efficient to also change automatically the mail display list to that account. As for now, when you update a specific account from the dropdown list, you still stay on the account you're displaying the mail list from.

- Being able to "clone" an existing account to create a new one with the same basic informations could save time when creating a lot of accounts.

- What is the "SaveFolder=" option in the "Settings" section for ? I've filled it with a path, but the "Save as" choice in the menus doesn't take care of it ?

- Adding a general option to specify a path for the log file could also help "keeping things together", especially for people moving with PopMan from PC to PC. It could avoid creating that log file on each PC by being able to hard-code the path to for example the proper PopMan path.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

I have defined a lot of accounts. But as all tabs are displayed on the same line. Very un-ergonomic when you have to switch from one on the beginning to one from the end
Are you aware of the fact that you can combine several tabs to one? This way you can have a tab with your business accounts, one for private accounts, one for seldom used accounts and so on.
When updating a specific account (using the dropdown toolbar "update" button), it could be efficient to also change automatically the mail display list to that account.
Sounds logically to me!
What is the "SaveFolder=" option in the "Settings" section for ?
This folder is used in the "Save emails" dialog (when saving several emails at once).
Adding a general option to specify a path for the log file could also help "keeping things together", especially for people moving with PopMan from PC to PC.
If PopMan is used in local storage mode (= PopMan.ini is used to save settings) all settings and files are saved locally to the PopMan folder. So if you use PopMan on an USB stick, you will have created a PopMan.ini file to save all your settings on the stick. Because of this, PopMan will also store the logfile, mailcache.dat, BlackList.dat on your USB stick.
Christian Hübner