(+) New columns in mail list: Sent, Priority, UserAgent
(*) Use customized toolbar button icons from "toolbar.bmp"
(*) Tab shows number of (unread) messages
(-) Invalid strings in column context menu after changing translation
Christian Hübner
CyGho

Post by CyGho »

Cool, thx :)
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !
J. Bleichroth

Re: PopMan 1.3 Beta 9 released

Post by J. Bleichroth »

Christian wrote:Changes:
PopMan 1.3 Beta 9 released
At first: thank you.
(+) New account option: Use custom AutoCheck timer interval
What's about the "don't check between" feature? Is it a general setting for "custom AutoCheck" also? If so (and I think, it is ok in this way), please separate this feature on page "Options->Autocheck" by beavel and put a little information about it on page "Options->Autocheck".

I think, it is better to have this "custom AutoCheck" setting for _all_ accounts together on _one_ page (in the "options" for example) and _not_ in the account settings itself. Because otherwise it is very laborious to find out wether this setting is set to accounts or not. In my case (I check up to 15 accounts with popman) the truth is, if I want to change something at this account specific settings, I edit with a simple texteditor the ini file directly... Another reason to have it on _one_ page is this: If you are using your Pc with popman at customer side/uni/..., you may want do disable "custom AutoCheck" for this location and only have the general check time with a long delay.
(*) A manual account check resets the AutoCheck timer
Thank you. An awaited feature.
(+) New columns in mail list: Sent, Priority, UserAgent
May be, there is a little time settings bug. Example:
Received column: '11.04.2005 08:54:04'
(New) Sent column: '11.04.2005 09:53:21'
(*) Use customized toolbar button icons from "toolbar.bmp"
The truth is, I'm much more interested in changing the colors of the tray-icon (the tray-icon itself is generated within the program at runtime, I think). Specially I want to change the very, very, citrone yellow color of the envelope at this icon to a more moderate color. Is this additional feature about tray-icon colors possible?

(*) Tab shows number of (unread) messages
Thank you. From now on I use tabs.

Conclusio: One of my favorite email handling programs become better and better. Very good work. Thank you again.

Jochen
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

What's about the "don't check between" feature? Is it a general setting for "custom AutoCheck" also? If so (and I think, it is ok in this way), please separate this feature on page "Options->Autocheck" by beavel and put a little information about it on page "Options->Autocheck".
The "don't check between" feature is used for "custom AutoCheck" too. Making the custom AutoCheck setting available at one place for all accounts, seems reasonable to me. What about the "little information"?
May be, there is a little time settings bug. Example:
Received column: '11.04.2005 08:54:04'
(New) Sent column: '11.04.2005 09:53:21'
Not necessarily! The "Received" date is extracted from the first of the "Received" header entries that are added by the email servers involved in transferring the email. The "Sent" date is extracted from the "Date" entry that is made by the email client of the email's sender. If the sender has a wrong time setting, this wrong time will be used for "Date", resulting in different Received/Sent times. Another possibility: the email server has a wrong time zone setting while the user "Date" is correct...
I'm much more interested in changing the colors of the tray-icon. Specially I want to change the very, very, citrone yellow color of the envelope at this icon to a more moderate color.
I think this will be possible in the near future (= ability to customize all icons/bitmaps). Until then, if the citrone yellow hurts your eyes, you can still replace the icon with the help of a resource editor:

http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker
or
http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d6peresourceeditor.htm
Christian Hübner

Post by Guest »

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt answer.
Christian wrote: Making the custom AutoCheck setting available at one place for all accounts, seems reasonable to me.
Me too ;-) Now we are three... ;-) May be, it is a good idea, awaiting other comments about it.
Christian wrote: The "don't check between" feature is used for "custom AutoCheck" too. [...] What about the "little information"?
Here is the missing little information on the option page:
The "don't check between" feature is used for "custom AutoCheck" too.
Christian wrote: Not necessarily! The "Received" date is extracted from the first of the "Received" header entries that are added by the email servers involved in transferring the email. The "Sent" date is extracted from the "Date" entry that is made by the email client of the email's sender. If the sender has a wrong time setting, this wrong time will be used for "Date", resulting in different Received/Sent times. Another possibility: the email server has a wrong time zone setting while the user "Date" is correct...
You are right, I will check this.
Christian wrote: I think this will be possible in the near future (= ability to customize all icons/bitmaps). Until then, if the citrone yellow hurts your eyes, you can still replace the icon with the help of a resource editor:

http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker
or
http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d6peresourceeditor.htm
Yes, it hurts... and... I do not like resourcehackers ("Same procedure as last release?" "Same procedure at every release." "Well, I don't want to do my very best.")

Best regards

Jochen