Hide the menu

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

HeelsBQ

Hide the menu

Post by HeelsBQ »

Hi,

Since 1 week, I installed Popman as a replacement for my old mail checker jetMAilMonitor. I love your checker.

As jetMailMonitor, this features are nice if implemented:
- Tray icon animation
- Preview HTML formatted e-mail if Internet Explorer is installed (security is handled by the firewall)

As View/ToolsBar and View/StatusBar, can you add an option to toggle Menu (with View/Menu )
- So when the menu is hidden, right-clic in messages box displays context with View options

Thanks
J.Bleichroth

Re: Hide the menu

Post by J.Bleichroth »

HeelsBQ wrote:- Preview HTML formatted e-mail
No, please do not do this because of security reasons.

HeelsBQ wrote: if Internet Explorer is installed (security is handled by the firewall)
LOL

Regards

J.Bleichroth
Buddel

Re: Hide the menu

Post by Buddel »

J.Bleichroth wrote:
HeelsBQ wrote:- Preview HTML formatted e-mail
No, please do not do this because of security reasons.
This would definitely be a security risk.
HeelsBQ wrote: if Internet Explorer is installed (security is handled by the firewall)
LOL
HeelsBQ, this statement is meant to be a joke, isn't it? ROFL :D

Regards

J.Bleichroth

Kind regards
Buddel 8)
amaroo

HTML preview

Post by amaroo »

So we can pretty much take it that HTML preview will "never" be a feature with PopMan? This is on account of, quite valid, security reasons. But is there a way we can have this feature as a "plug-in" or option for those with whom security concerns have been assessed enough to warrant the ability of HTML preview?
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Well, never say never! There is even a way to use mozilla for rendering HTML in any app:
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm

But I guess I will not have the time to implement this in the near future...
Christian Hübner
Darkbee

Post by Darkbee »

Hasn't this been explained somewhere before? Popman is not an email client, if you want pretty coloured text with shiny flashing widgets, scrolling banners and annoying background midi music then shouldn't that be the job of your email client, not a mail checker?

I think for clarification we might like to point out to novice users, browsing this topic that Popman does display HTML emails, it just strips out all of the formatting and displays the plain text.