Mailto: tag attributes

General discussion about PopMan.

Moderator: Christian

Darkbee

Mailto: tag attributes

Post by Darkbee »

Under the "Email Client" options tab, which mailto: tag attributes are supported by the Launch with command line option?

I have observed that To, and Subject work but Body does not. What about CC and BCC (you might want to email yourself the same email)?
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Which mailto: tag attributes are supported by the Launch with command line option?
To and Subject, that means the substrings [TO] and [SUBJECT] in the commandline are replaced with the appropriate values when launching the email client.
What about CC and BCC (you might want to email yourself the same email)?
If your email client supports these commandline parameters, you can have this without any PopMan interaction, e.g. use this commandline:

Code: Select all

mailto:[TO]?subject="[SUBJECT]"?bbc="YourEmailAddress"
Since you always want the same email address used in the BBC field, you can simply hardcode this in the commandline.

Btw, what email client do you use?
Christian Hübner
Darkbee

Post by Darkbee »

I still use QM as an "extension" to Popman for sending small emails quickly. It would nice if the command line parameters supported [BODY] to save me copying and pasting.

For my main email client I use Phoenix Mail since I require something lightweight, portable and free.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious btw regarding CC and BCC, having said that if you have multiple email addresses, as I do, then it won't necessarily always be the same but your point is well taken.