Notification sound per account

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

Bittercrash

Notification sound per account

Post by Bittercrash »

Would it be possible to include an option to set a different sound for each account or no sound at all for selected accounts?
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

What if you receive mails of several accounts each with a different sound? Play each sound one after the other? Or play the sound of the account that is most upward on the accounts list?
Christian Hübner
Darkbee

Post by Darkbee »

Play a "You have email from multiple accounts" sound! :)

I would assume that if you can set the sound 'per account' then setting the sound in the main options i.e. not for any particular account, would be considered the default sound to be played when no account specific sound 'wins'.
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

Darkbee wrote: I would assume that if you can set the sound 'per account' then setting the sound in the main options i.e. not for any particular account, would be considered the default sound to be played when no account specific sound 'wins'.
Yep.
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

Or... no sound at all (for selected accounts).
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

And/Or maybe: a special sound for a selected group of addresses. This way you can hear it when you receive a message from someone in that list. So: if none of the received mails has a sender that is in the list -> play standard sound of the account, if one or more of the senders is in the special list, play the special sound!
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

Good idea! I'd like that:)
Darkbee

Post by Darkbee »

Or maybe you could just have a sound per sender email address. :twisted:

Just kidding! :lol:

Seriously though, I think sounds per account MAY be useful but I wouldn't want to over-burden Popman, making it larger than necessary.
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

Darkbee wrote:Or maybe you could just have a sound per sender email address. :twisted:
I once used a checker (I think it was MailAlert) where you could do that.