Incomplete deletion

You've found a bug in PopMan? Tell me about it!

Moderator: Christian

bigben

Incomplete deletion

Post by bigben »

Hi Christian,
I´m using PopMan1.2 final and XP-Home. There is a bug I didn´t realise in previous Beta-Versions: when trying to delete more than 1 mail at a time the program sometimes ends and vanishes from the screen. When the program is restarted only one of the marked mails is deleted :?: !
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Strange! :shock:
Can you please send me the log file "PopManLogFile.log"?
You can find the location of this file on the Logging tab of the Options dialog.
Please zip this file and mail it to me...
Christian Hübner
bigben

No log available

Post by bigben »

Sorry :cry: , the protocol-function was not activated. As soon as it occurs again I will send you the required protocol.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

When trying to delete more than 1 mail at a time the program sometimes ends and vanishes from the screen
I think I've found the problem: Some e-mail providers (e.g. GMX) place spam-status-mails in your inbox to notify you that some of your e-mails have been caught by their spam filters. Unfortunately, this spam-status-mail is automatically deleted by the server after it had been retrieved by PopMan. When you try to delete this email, PopMan doesn't trap this exception and fails.

I will provide an update fixing this problem very soon...
Christian Hübner
ClarencePJ

Re: Incomplete deletion

Post by ClarencePJ »

1. Mit dem Beenden der Internetverbindung wird auch Popman beendet, aber das Tattoo i am Systray erlischt erst wenn male mit dem Mauszeiger drüberfährt.
2. Beim Beantworten von Mails, welche noch auf dem Server liegen wird grundsätzlich Outlookexpress gestartet -- obwohl Outlook2002 als Standart eingetragen ist --
läßt sich das irgendwie ändern?
Christian
Site Admin

Re: Incomplete deletion

Post by Christian »

zu 1.) Das deutet daraufhin, dass PopMan abstürzt beim Beenden der Internetverbindung. Wie wird die Internetverbindung denn beendet?

zu 2.) Im Menü unter Extras > Optionen > Email-Programm > Beim Antworten
Christian Hübner