PopMan suddenly stopped working (Connection Failure: ErrCode: 1401)

You've found a bug in PopMan? Tell me about it!

Moderator: Christian

swapjim

PopMan suddenly stopped working (Connection Failure: ErrCode: 1401)

Post by swapjim »

I don't know if I've found a bug but it's been a while since a post was made to the other sections, so I'll post here.

I have multiple accounts in Yahoo, Zoho, GMX, and AOL, and PopMan checks them all. Today, I got timeouts on all of them. Here is an example:
user@yahoo.com: Connection failure (Unable to connect to "imap.mail.yahoo.com" [Timeout]); ErrCode: 1401
I tried decreasing the check frequency (it has given me timeouts in the past) but that didn't make any difference. I restarted my router to get a new IP but still nothing.

I launched Thunderbird and I was able to login to all of them, and read new mail that some of the accounts had received.

I though that there was something with the settings so I deleted the ini file and started fresh, adding only one account. But that didn't helped either.

So... Is there anything else I can try?
Christian
Site Admin

Re: PopMan suddenly stopped working (Connection Failure: ErrCode: 1401)

Post by Christian »

Sounds like some Antivirus / Internet Security / Firewall tool blocks PopMan from connecting to the mail servers. Did you install or update anything like that?
Christian Hübner
swapjim

Re: PopMan suddenly stopped working (Connection Failure: ErrCode: 1401)

Post by swapjim »

Oh god, it was the antivirus. I didn't install a new version but I've allowed it to automatically download updates. Not sure if it was an update in the AV engine or AV db that caused this.

I have disabled the AV mail filtering and it works now.

Thank you!

Also: Thanks for making PopMan! It's a great application! Works beautifully.