Directory

General discussion about PopMan.

Moderator: Christian

tengvilla

Directory

Post by tengvilla »

Hi Christian,

It is possible to change the "location of the log file" directory in Popman's Tools -> Option -> Logging?

Also, where is the the location of the "Mail Account" in Popman's -> File -> Account?
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

No, it's not possible to change the log directory.
The mail accounts are saved in the registry OR in PopMan.ini, if it exists.
Christian Hübner
tengvilla

Directory

Post by tengvilla »

Thanks for the reply, Christian!!!

I searched my computer for the occurrence of popman.ini in \windows directory and in Popman directory and I don't have a popman.ini. How do I create the popman.ini and what directory should I put it.

I asked this cause I copied all the files in Popman directory and subdirectory to two computers and put the necessary files (blacklist.dat, error.log, mailcache.dat, popmanlogfile.log, rules.txt) in c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\popman.

All two computers were working after copying the files without the Popman installation but have to create e-mails account for both computers. Both copied blacklist.dat and rules.txt also works for both computers.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

See http://www.ch-software.de/popman/beta.htm:

"If you want to save your settings into an ini file, create an empty file PopMan.ini in the PopMan directory."

If you restart PopMan, it will take over the settings from the registry and save it into the ini file. The files blacklist.dat, malicache.dat and the like are coppied from \application data\popman to the folder of PopMan.exe. This simplifies the process of moving PopMan installations between computers. ;)
Christian Hübner
tengvilla

Directory

Post by tengvilla »

Thanks Christian!!!

You really my mannnnn!!!!

Looks simple if you know what you're doing unlike a layman like me who do it the hard way.

I did create a blank popman.ini as you instructed and re-started and closed PopMan. I opened popman.ini thru a text editor and Popman copied the e-mail accounts and created a settings on the popman.ini.

You really make my day, Christian and my mentor!!!!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

i got a similar question: it is possible to change the rules.txt folder location?
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

No, you can not change the rules.txt location.
Christian Hübner
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

ok. thanks for the swift reply.