Gmail POP access

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

Bittercrash

Gmail POP access

Post by Bittercrash »

Seeing that Gmail now offers POP access, I tried to configure Popman to retrieve my mail from such an account. It doesn't work.

- Gmail wants a secure SSL connection, but there's no option for that in Popman .
- Gmail uses port 995 (instead of the more common 110), but after changing this, for some reason Popman doesn't save these settings.

Is there something that can be done about this, please?
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

The 1.3 Beta version has support for plugins and there is already an POP3 SSL plugin available. So there should be no problem. :D

Please try the Beta and post here if it works with Gmail...
Christian Hübner
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

I WAS using the new beta, but I didn't realize there was an option to change that. It works great now! Very good:) No more use for any Gmail notifiers now. Just use Popman. Thanks:)
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

The only thing that's weird, is the fact that also your own sent messages (from your Gmail account) show up in Popman. But I guess that has something to do with the way Gmail itself handles messages. All sent messages get stored in your inbox as part of 'conversations'. No real problem really.