PopMan 1.3 released

Official news and announcements.

Moderator: Christian

Christian
Site Admin

PopMan 1.3 released

Post by Christian »

See www.ch-software.de/popman/whatsnew13.htm for changes since 1.2.

Changes since 1.3 Beta 18:

(*) When retrieving emails, the latest mails are retrieved first
(*) After PopMan startup, the first autocheck will not happen immediately
(*) The option "Check for new mail on startup" is activated by default with a delay of 60 seconds
(+) New account specific settings "LimitMessages" and "LimitMessagesCount" can be used to only load the latest X messages
(+) The import email accounts dialog supports IMAP4 and POP3 SSL accounts
(-) When the user has created a PopMan.ini file, the White List, Rules file are properly copied to the local Data folder
(*) Changed the default duration of the new mail tip to 15 minutes (can be changed using the setting "NewTipDuration")
(*) Double-clicking a tab while pressing the Ctrl key reloads all emails of the associated accounts
(+) If you hold the Ctrl key while checking mail, all emails of the affected accounts are reloaded completely
(*) Multi-tabbing is activated by default and can be used even if no email account is defined

You don't need to uninstall PopMan 1.2 or 1.3 Beta. Just use the autoupdate feature (Menu: Help > Check For Updates).
Christian Hübner
Tezzer

A job well done...

Post by Tezzer »

A very good e-mail checker.
An excellent piece of software.
Keep up the good work Christian (I don't think there is much more that you can do to improve the program).
Once again thanks very much for your time and trouble.
All the best for the future.
Regards,
Tezzer :D
Jobejo

Re: PopMan 1.3 released

Post by Jobejo »

Christian wrote:PopMan 1.3 released
Great. Thank you.

Please edit the Text in the heise.de "Software-Verzeichnis" and remove the Text of "1.3Beta"....

Best Regards

J Bejo
PostScript

1.3 release

Post by PostScript »

I have been on 1.3 for so long, forgot it was a beta. The auto updates have been terrific and I must try the PrependSubject(text) enhancement from beta 18. Great work Christian!

Regards,
PostScript