Popman not working on one account Login Failed; error 402

You've found a bug in PopMan? Tell me about it!

Moderator: Christian

paulba

Popman not working on one account Login Failed; error 402

Post by paulba »

Hi,
I have 4 accounts running on PopMan and in the last week one of the accounts starts reading through the emails and after approx 17 comes up with a Login failed;ErrCode:402. This is a pop3 connection. The previous tab is Imap and has just under 1600 emails.
I am running 1.3.8.
I have another Laptop with the same ini file but running 1.3.1 without error.
Can you help?

Paul.
Christian
Site Admin

Re: Popman not working on one account Login Failed; error 402

Post by Christian »

Please try to change protocol from "POP3" to "POP3 TLS". If that does not work, please try "IMAP4rev1 (SSL)".
Christian Hübner
paulba

Post by paulba »

Hi,

Changing the protocol does not change the problem.

If I double click on the tab to re inspect the mail, I get an "Out of Memory" error.

Paul
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Then I guess one of the mails in your inbox triggers the issue. Please switch back to POP3 protocol and ensure that you have enabled logging (last tab of options dialog). Then reload the account and inspect the log file, if it stops always at the same mail. If so, I could inspect the issue if you send me the relevant part of the log (assuming it does not contain confidential information).
Christian Hübner
paulba

Post by paulba »

After stuffing around trying to find where the log file lives (C:\Users\paulba\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\PopMan\Data) and when some of the data is written to it (closure), I found the log is now encrypted (not on 1.3.1).

I found the email that was causing the problem, there was a MS Publisher file as an attachment. Deleted this, the cache file and log file. Restarted Popman and it ran through without a problem.

Strange it all worked fine on 1.3.1.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul.