Links open in IE

You've found a bug in PopMan? Tell me about it!

Moderator: Christian

Jeroen

Links open in IE

Post by Jeroen »

Christian,

I'm very happy to see that you're developing Popman again!

There's still a little glitch in beta 15, that is there since a long time: when I click a link in the preview pane, the link always opens in Internet Explorer, although I use Firefox as my default browser. When I click the new link to the forum (from the about box), Firefox is opened instead of IE :wink:

Could you change behavior so that ALL links are opened in the default browser?
Jeroen
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Actually, the links in the preview pane are meant to be opened in your default browser and it works for me, no matter if I use IE, Firefox or Opera as default browser (but you have to restart PopMan when switching the default browser).
Do you use Windows Vista? I did not test it there.

Nevertheless, I've just changed the way how the link is opened in the preview pane to the same approach taken in the about box. This approach is simpler and does not require a PopMan restart when switching the default browser. So everyone will be happy...
Christian Hübner
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Christian wrote:Do you use Windows Vista? I did not test it there.
I do use Vista ... Popman works perfectly, by the way. It sounds a little strange however, that some programs (other than Popman) use my default browser (which is, of cource, Firefox), whilst Popman is the only one (as far as I have experienced) which uses IE instead of the Fox...

If you're able to change the routine: perfect!
Jeroen