Flag selected emails

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

Darkbee

Flag selected emails

Post by Darkbee »

I'm on a roll today!! :lol: (three postings in one day!)

Do people think it would be useful to have an option to flag or tag particular emails? I'm thinking that if I don't have time to read emails and just skim through them quickly, I might like to flag certain emails (as being more important than others) to read at a later time. Or you can simply flag emails that require some action and then remove the flag one the action is complete.

So, what do people think, is this a useful option or just risking Popman falling into the Bloatware category?
Jeroen

Re: Flag selected emails

Post by Jeroen »

Darkbee wrote:So, what do people think, is this a useful option or just risking Popman falling into the Bloatware category?
I'm afraid it does ... 8) Popman is becoming more and more a complete client, I think your email-client should handle this. Or do you use Popman to reply to your mail?
Darkbee

Re: Flag selected emails

Post by Darkbee »

Jeroen wrote:Popman is becoming more and more a complete client, I think your email-client should handle this. Or do you use Popman to reply to your mail?
Yes I do... I found a small program QM that I can integrate with Popman so I basically never need a real email client, unless there are certain emails that I want to keep. Even then, I could just save them from Popman directly.

Perhaps I might use a mail client more if I found one that I liked. I'm looking for a nice, simple, lightweight client that doesn't use up half my RAM and system resources! For the moment I've settled on using Kaufman Mail Warrior but it isn't being developed anymore :(

The majority of my emails I delete after a period of time, so I don't need to keep huge archives of emails (I've decided that it is a pointless thing to do for most personal email). The flag option is not essential to me, which is why I asked if people thought that it would just add unecessary stuff to Popman.

Thanks for you opinion Jeroen.

Post by Guest »

Damn, that's basic ... :shock:

Well, I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird (http://www.getthunderbird.com), and after some tweaks I still like it very much. It's not as heavy as some others, it's fast enough for me, and it can handle my mail-wishes, but that's personal for everyone. Did you try it?
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

That was me, one message above ... :roll:
Darkbee

Post by Darkbee »

jeroen wrote:Damn, that's basic ...
Just the way I like it! :wink: I can't stand email clients that take up 128MB of memory and slowly kill off your system in a painful and horrible death. :cry: (ok, so maybe I'm exagerating just a little :twisted: ) Seriously though, there seem to be a lot of mail clients out there that have features upon features that I NEVER use. One thing that I want to be able to do is run the program from a floppy or USB disk, so that I can keep my mail all in one place. Not many email client seem to offer this capability OR the way emails are stored takes up masses of disk space.
Well, I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird... [edited] ... Did you try it?
Thunderbird is a stand-alone client correct? I don't have to have Mozilla browser installed to use it do I?
CyGho

Post by CyGho »

You can even run it from an us drive if you want:
http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_thunderbird/
Software: should we be aware because it's soft ? I like to think not !