utf-8

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

Ursula

utf-8

Post by Ursula »

Hi

I use PopMan since more than a year and I am very happy with it!
Now I receive more and more mails that are utf-8-encoded. As most of my E-Mails are in German the result are ugly characters as ä and ß in PopMan.

It would be great, if PopMan could regognize utf-8-Mails and show them in a propper way!

Thank you very much for your great program!
Ursula
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

PopMan is able to correctly decode utf-8 encoded mails. At least I think so. Can you give me an example mail, that PopMan fails to decode properly, please?
Christian Hübner
Ursula

utf-8

Post by Ursula »

Hi Christian

Thank you for your quick answer! There seems to be a more complicated problem: The mail I wanted to post as example is from Heise News (it was the first time that I received a mail with such funny charactes from Heise).
The charset defined in the Mailheaders is iso-8859-1 not utf-8 - sorry for thinking, if there is a problem it has to be in PopMan and not in a Heise-Newsmail! :wink:

I think I will await the News-Mail of today und have a look if the problem persists...

Do you want to see the Mail with the problem all the same? Should I post it here?

Regards and thank you again!
Ursula
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

If the mailheader defines the wrong charset, there is no need to post the mail here...
Christian Hübner