Toolbar for preview window

You have suggestions to improve PopMan? Here is the right place to mention them.

Moderator: Christian

complex_souls

Toolbar for preview window

Post by complex_souls »

Dear Christian

Yr program is so neat and nice. I like it so much especially the ability to show HTML messages in a neat txt format which make these types of emails more safer (by eliminating from them the bad elements such as web bugs...etc). For this reason, i wish i can contribute with ideas to help with further developement of this wonderful program

1. Can u just plz add a toolbar to the Full preview window where it contains butons for:
Previous, Next, Reply, Reply All, forward, delete, print, ..etc

And if u plz, do not forget also to add the ability for the user to right-click this toolbar so as to let him/her to choose which buttons exactly he want on the toolbar and also to be able to choose if the toolbar appears as "Icons only" or "Icons with text" or "text" only (something which is similar 2 what we can do with Internet Explorer and many other programs as well)

2. I'd love also if u included a section in yr program under TOOLS---> OPTIONS for a feature called "Rules" where the user can create different rules
e.g. Someone can create a rule where:
If the "From" field "contains" the words: xyz, the rule will e.g. delete the message immdeiately, alert the user with different sound, to be ignored (i.e. the user won't be notified about it), Mark as spam, show ballon tip, change tray icon to another color (such as the "Red" color in order to reveal for the user that some imp. email is waiting for him/her for example...etc)

3. Under TOOLS---> OPTIONS once again, i beleive that adding a section for "Keyboard Hot Keys" to perform loads of action using the keyboard would be sooo great :D

e.g. a user might assign the F12 key to perform a check right now because he don't want to wait till the next time of automatic check (Of course striking one keyboard such as the F12 is much easier and straight forward than opening Popman's window and checking from there). He can use F9 to open a new message window of his default email client (instead of opening the email client first and then choose "New message" from it...etc). He can assign the F4 key to make the program check for a certain account only and not the rest (in case he has many accounts)
...ETC

4. Thx so much for hearing hoping that i was making sense :D :lol:
complex_souls

Post by complex_souls »

Oh i forgot something

Under the "AutoCheck" tab, it'd be useful to add an option called

"Check only when an internet connection is available" which 'd be

useful for users with non-permanent connection
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Thank you for your ideas!

I will add a toolbar to the message window in the next release and address the "Check only when an internet connection is available" issue.

Your other requests may be considered in a later release...
Christian Hübner

Post by Guest »

Thanks so much for listening. I appreciate
Just one more suggestion which I'd like 2 add b4 i forget about it...
It's about the "Reply" button which is found in the program right now in the main window (and which will be found also in the message window's toolbar as u promised to implement that toolbar in next version)

My suggestion is that u split the "Reply" button into 2 buttons called:
Reply(Simple)
Reply(Enhanced)
Where the first is supposed to reply to any email using a "Buit-in" message compose window which would be so useful to so many people who do not need to reply in HTML format but just they suffice with plain Txt

And the second button will initiate a reply window of the user's default email client so as to address those people who want to compose HTML messages instead of replying with plain txt.

Of course, adding a simple built-in "Address Book" in the program (Which can store Names With their emails) would help so much in case of composing with plain text using the built-in compose window

P.S. To save space on the toolbar, it might be a good idea to nest the 2 reply buttons over each other where the "Reply(Simple)" is shown on the toolbar normally and the other button "Reply(Enhanced)" can be located under it directly where it can be used by using a "Drop-down arrow" on the left of the "Reply(Simple)" button

T H A N K S :D
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

A built-in SMTP engine to compose and send emails with PopMan may be part of a future release. Until then, the reply button will use your email client's capability for that purpose...
Christian Hübner

future features

Post by guest »

Hi Christian,

First, the compulsory, well-deserved congratulations for release 1.2.1 !!!
Then, please stand firm and don't transform your neat "slimware" into a
"bloatware" à la MickeySoft.
People who want to use HTML in mail messages can stick with bulky,
risky OutbreakExpress (always one security gap early and one corrective
patch late...)
HTML is not Email !!!
A basic SMTP function would be great, though...

PS: I like the nice Red Bug icon that signals potential dangerous attachments

Bernard,
Grenoble, France
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

Christian wrote:Thank you for your ideas!

I will add a toolbar to the message window in the next release and address the "Check only when an internet connection is available" issue.

Your other requests may be considered in a later release...
Any new developments on that toolbar? Could be really useful.
Bittercrash

Post by Bittercrash »

PM is getting better and better. Good work, Christian!
I hope you'll give this request some of your attention... please :)