Popman Portable Using Flash Drive

General discussion about PopMan.

Moderator: Christian

tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Now a days, flash drive is getting cheaper and an average Joe can afford buying one. I put Popman to a test one notch higher and I copied the Popman directory and subdirectory to a flash drive per reference

viewtopic.php?t=333

(note that Popman directory and subdirectory files were small)

and Christian Hübner's PopMan App works sans RULES.TXT and BLACKLIST.DAT. Now I can go anywhere using other's computers with Internet providers to retrieve, read, and delete the unwanted e-mail by just inserting the flash drive to a USB drive and start PopMan.

There's no mystery here, cause the computer's see the flash drive as one of removable data storage device.

And a word of cautions that some computers with fire wall will ask your permission first before using Popman App and some office computers with confidential informations, the USB drive is disable.
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Update:

RULES.TXT and BLACKLIST.DAT still applied to the recent copy of Popman App.

Re:

viewtopic.php?t=333
tengvilla

Post by tengvilla »

Update:

Sorry to misled you guys on my novel idea on using PopMan in flash drive and I thought I discovered a new idea but was not. My problem was, I didn't read on Christian Hübner web site Welcome! "What is Popman" http://www.ch-software.de/popman/

Popman in flash drive was done a long time ago and Christian Hübner on his web site http://www.ch-software.de/popman/ and I quote Christian, "You can direct PopMan to use local storage (settings are saved to an *.ini file), and save it to a floppy disk or USB memory stick. This means you can check your mail on any computer with internet access."

And also, in Popman Forum under General dated February 24, 2005, authored by LoveIt, Topic "Run PopMan from USB-stick?? HOW??" viewtopic.php?t=71 again, Christian Hübner recommended to copy the PopMan directory to a USB stick.

Next time I'll search and read first the forum before posting if I have problems or have a new ideas.