Compuserve IMAP Problems

General discussion about PopMan.

Moderator: Christian

tengvilla

Compuserve IMAP Problems

Post by tengvilla »

Hi Christian,

Lately for the past two weeks, I noticed that I can not access my IMAP account using PopMan. I opened PopMan log file and saw a lot of gibberish letters and deleted all and start from the beginning and with the same result. I kept changing the Mail Account's Property Protocol to "IMAP4rev1 (SSL) port 993" and "IMAP4rev1 port 143 (port recommended by Compuserve)" and still have the same errors. Note that I kept changing the port 993 and 143 from both configurations with same results. [See PopManLogFile.log below]

--> ErrorOccured: Error=4; ErrLoc=1401; Terminate=1
-->> ErrorMessage: norma: Connection failure (Unable to connect to "imap.cs.com" [Missing command]); ErrCode: 1401
--> ErrorOccured: Error=4; ErrLoc=1401; Terminate=1

I have to go to my Compuserve account and manually delete the spam from there.
tengvilla

Compuserve IMAP Problems

Post by tengvilla »

Hi Christian,

This is a follow up on "Compuserve IMAP Problems". I used Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook to retrieve my e-mails in Compuserve and it did retrieve the e-emails. Note that I have two accounts in Compuserve and it retrieved both of my e-mails.

BTW, I got no problems with my POP3 AT&T/Yahoo accounts.

PS:
Used both configurations "IMAP4rev1 and IMAP4rev1 (SSL)" using port 143 and port 993 interchangeably and no go.

Account Property's IMAP4rev1 (SSL) port 993 is the one I used before this problems.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

Did you try to set the UseSearchCmd to false?
If not, open the account's settings and click on the button "..." next to the protocol dropdown and use:

Code: Select all

UseSearchCmd = "false";
Christian Hübner
tengvilla

Compuserve IMAP Problems

Post by tengvilla »

Hi Christian,

I change the

UseSearchCmd = "true"; to UseSearchCmd = "false";

and nothing happen with same error messages.
Christian
Site Admin

Post by Christian »

I've found the problem and fixed it. Actually, it's a bug in the compuserve IMAP server, which OE and Thunderbird seem to ignore. Therefore I changed the IMAP plugin to ignore this bug too.

Just download the updated IMAP4 plugin and replace the old ProtocolIMAP4rev1.dll in the Plugins directory.

Please try it and tell me if it works...

Btw, you should reset the "UseSearchCmd" to true and also have the TLS flag set to true (for security) if it is supported.
Christian Hübner
tengvilla

Compuserve IMAP Problems

Post by tengvilla »

You're really my man, Christian, and I owe you big!!!!!!!!! It's working now and can retrive my two e-mail accounts again. You're the mmmmmmmmaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!!, Christian.

Yes it's working now and I set back UseSearchCmd to true and the TLS was already set to true.
tengvilla

Compuserve IMAP Problems

Post by tengvilla »

Hi Christian,

BTW, I forgot the magic word, THANKS!!!!!
tengvilla

Compuserve IMAP Problems

Post by tengvilla »

Update

Change Protocol IMAP4Rev1(SSL) to IMAP4Rev1 Port 143 (Compuserve recommended) for the past weeks and working fine. Must be working cause of your recommendations that Parameters 's TLS = "true" for security.